Thursday, June 11, 2009

Portrait with Attitude


I have to confess I have always had a problem with taking people's portraits. I feel that, unlike painters, photographers often fail to capture something of the person they are portraying, and instead capture only an image. Which is why I have a tendency to frustrate many of my friends and family by confining my travel photographs to Landscapes and Architecture. I have recently decided that maybe, I need to return to portraits and see if I can't manage to improve my technique a bit. Which is why I am so happy with this photograph. Anyone who knows my friend C. will tell you that this displays a great deal of his personality, from the pose, to the location (read the sign, he is the type that would create some noise), to the knowing smirk that his inner circle is oh so familiar with. This has inspired me to work a bit harder, and see what I can come up with.

No comments: